Star Badge

Tours, Recreation, Lodging .jpg

199 Town Farm St

Telephone number:

farm

Subedge Farm

Farmington

The story of our farm begins some 20,000 years ago when the last glaciers retreated from Connecticut leaving our rich alluvial Hadley and Occum fine sand loams, some of the finest soils in the world. The Tunxis people farmed all up and down these soils along the river for which they were named (Tunxis Sepus = Bend in the Little River). In Post-Colonial times the farm was owned first by Colonel Ichabod Norton and then Colonel Noadiah Hooker who both represented Farmington in the Revolutionary War. In 1820 the farm was owned by the Tillotson Family who were respected dairy farmers and whose family farmed here for 100 years.